Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why do I do these things to myself?: A mini list

1. I am certified computer-stupid. I keep forgetting there is a "back" button for the interwebs... only on blogger though. I remember it just fine everywhere else. I come one, view my blog(s) to see what I wrote last (no, I can't remember), but then I have no idea how to get back to the bloggy home page since the "dashboard" button isn't displayed when viewing my personal blog. So what do I do? I hit "next blog" and then "dashboard." I just realized now that I could just go back. Sigh.

2. Nick is out of town. I have to say that in light of recent dramatic events, I'm slightly relieved to have this time to myself (and the Monster, of course). I was even looking forward to it. I missed him the second I dropped him off, but I didn't cry like I used to. I had a pretty good Monday. Once night fell though, I was plagued with this incredible guilt because I missed him, but not like I used to. And I said something kind of mean the day before he left... well, I didn't mean for it to be mean, but now I'm kind of worried that he thought it was mean. Sigh again.
I think I used to always be so sad when he left because I knew I wouldn't really get to talk to him. When he's in Seattle, he isn't able to text at work like he usually would here, and Nick is not a phone talker. I think our longest phone conversation in the history of our relationship was a whopping seven minutes. I kid you not.
We talked for maybe five minutes last night, he texted me "Morning" this morning and I haven't heard from since. So now I'm going back and forth between being angry and worried. And the worse part is that I know I'm going to feel guilty tonight for being mad and then the whole cycle is going to start over tomorrow.

3. After approximately three months (it's been at least a couple) I have finally finished re-reading the Seduction of the Crimson Rose. It is the fourth book of the Pink Carnation series and since two new books are coming out this winter, I wanted to re-read the existing ones... this summer. I started the Sookie Stackhouse books (amazing btw) after book 2 of PC, which meant I only had time to get in the third before school started. I was still trying to read Crimson Rose here and there, but I never got in more than ten pages at a time (I partially blame the Hunger Games for that though.) It really is a good book though, not my favorite of the series (that would be the Masque of the Black Tulip... I love Miles!), but good nonetheless. Well I finished it! Yay! But boo..... I started the Temptation of the Night Jasmine today, telling myself that I would only read it once I got into bed since I have a lot of reading to do for school this week. I'm now 133 pages into it and I haven't even looked at my school books (I did read the notes from Monday that Sarah scanned for me... thanks Sarah!)
I fail, and with that... onto more of the adventures of Charlotte and Robert!!!
Wait... I mean WWI!
Crap.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Miles!!! Charlotte and Robert are really awesome though, Charlotte is always off in her own world full of fantastical beasts and chivalrous knights and Robert is simply trying to contain himself in the presence of Charlotte, it is rather romantic and I love it!

    ReplyDelete