Monday, October 3, 2011

Home.

We've been living in our new house for almost six months now, but it still doesn't quite feel like it's home yet. Apart from the master bedroom, we haven't painted upstairs at all, there are a ton of pictures that still need hanging, the office/guest room still needs to be unpacked, the backyard is a barren wasteland, and the carpet, bathroom, and cheap blinds still have many visible signs of the messy people who lived here before us. Slowly I have been conquering little projects, but there is just a ton of work to do. And not nearly enough money to accomplish it all any time soon. And I procrastinate.

So last night I finally sat down and did some work. I made a shower curtain for the master bathroom. Nothing horribly exciting, but I think it's pretty cool. It was made from a couple different sheer off-white window curtains and a white towel. I'm going for a neutral/warm color scheme, so pretty much everything has been white or cream colored. Nick doesn't seem super thrilled about the color scheme, but since he's not doing any of the work, he has allowed me to take full creative control over it. Go me. I will take a picture of it eventually. It's not super fancy, but it's unique and I like that.

I'm hoping that this weekend I can drag Nick with me to Jo-Ann's/Hancock/Hobby Lobby to help pick out fabric for the next major project: roman blinds for every room in the house. As much as I love having all this control, I want him to be happy with what I pick out. Hopefully it won't be too painful for all of us.

Here's my ever-growing "To Do" list for the house (don't ask me when any of this will actually get done):

I seriously love Pinterest- I have found a ton of ideas for DIY projects around the house. Hopefully I will get all of it done before next summer. We'll see. Right now I have a commissioned painting to work on. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment