Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TNSE: Finale

I forgot to post an update about the natural shampoo experiment in my last post! Oh the shame!

I quit.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but I could not get the ratios right. I figured that after 5 weeks of either having dull or oily hair, it was time to find a different solution. So I'm now using an organic shampoo that I got at our local grocery store. It's called Organix (in Teatree Mint) and I found it at Albertsons. I love it. I know that I say that about everything, but I really do! I tried going back to our regular Garnier shampoo, but it made my hair extra poofy and it made my scalp itch like crazy. Even after the salon visit (for a hair cut and then again to get it colored- curse you gray hair!) my hair didn't feel super soft and clean like it used to. It felt pretty dry and, again, it made my scalp itchy. The homemade shampoo may have been more difficult that I planned, but the benefits of it are amazing! I don't have fly-aways like I used to (minus the evil gray hairs that defy gravity no matter what I do), my hair is always soft and shiny, and any dandruff/itch issues I had before are gone, especially since I started using the organix. I read somewhere that teatree oil is good for your scalp, so I'm not sure if it is this specific shampoo that has caused this change or just the organic stuff in general. Either way, I'm hooked. And I highly recommend this to everyone. Oh yeah, and since this shampoo doesn't have all the crap that regular ones do, its perfectly safe on colored hair. I just had red highlights put in and none of it came out during my last shower! Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I'm sad it didn't work out. However, I AM happy you found a lovely shampoo. I'm totally going to look for this next time I'm at the store! I've been waiting to finish up my huge bottle of shampoo before buying something new and exciting.

    ReplyDelete