Sunday, January 30, 2011

Apple Pucker's Surly Older Brother

Just in case you didn't know, my husband brews beer. Great beer. Wanting to branch out a little bit, he (with my constant urging) decided to brew some apple cider. Thankfully, my mom lent us her fancy apple-peeler that made our work much easier-- yes, our work. Nick usually brews on his own (I just enjoy the end result) but I helped this time (i.e. I cut the 15 pounds of peeled apples into quarters and tossed them in the giant pot. Very helpful.) No matter how hard we worked, what could possibly be better that homemade organic apple cider? Nothing, right?
Brewing day. Even the Monster was excited!**


We were wrong. So, so wrong!

Instead of getting yummy apple cider we got apple liquor. Hard ass, super sour liquor. Think Puckers, only thicker... and surlier. One big swig (remember, I was expecting cider) and I'm buzzed. Words cannot begin to describe my disappointment.
Here's a picture of the four bottles of DOOM! Yeah... 15 lbs of apples and all we got were four stupid bottles.







** Sorry about the giant picture, I stole if from Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment