Sunday, February 6, 2011

Addicted

I've been addicted to a lot of things in my life-- crazy socks, hot fries, coffee, watches, Joss Whedon, coffee, historical fictions, cigarettes, tweezing, nail polish, more coffee, etc.-- but never has it been this bad or this hard to quit.

I'm addicted to soda.

Not just any soda, Dr. Pepper.

It's gotten so bad that I would rather stop and get a 32oz DP than a cup of coffee. It's way cheaper than Starbucks, especially since they're only a dollar at McDonald's (my evil enabler), but worse on my waistline (100 more calories than my old friend, the grande vanilla latte.) And that's if I limit myself to just one. I've always loved soda, but I never had more than 3 in a week and I had no problem going weeks without, but those days are over. I have at least one every day.
Today I hit rock bottom. I told Nick he could buy a pack of cigarettes (for himself) if he brought back soda number 3.5 for me (which he happily did.) He decided to quit smoking again this weekend and I ruined it. So not only am I dooming myself to an early death from diabetes, I'm asking for my husband to get lung cancer.

I will kick this habit like I kicked most of the rest (who could ever give up coffee, cheesy novels, Swatch, or Buffy?) and I must do it now. The monster deserves parents with will power.

2 comments:

  1. I've kicked the DP habit myself, and I won't lie, it was not pretty. But now...I hate DP. Like, hate it. I drink it, and I wonder how I ever liked that stuff because it tastes nasty to me! I wish you luck, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet coke is totally my vice right now. I pack K and I up almost every day to run to Sonic and grap one. It's getting pretty bad! So I feel your pain!
    PS: I had no clue you liked crazy socks-haha!

    ReplyDelete