Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I confess

I am a very superstitious person.
(But I don't tell anyone about it because that might actually make it true.)

I tend to not tell very many people, if I tell anyone, exciting news because I don't want to jinx it.
I didn't even tell Nick that I was taking a pregnancy test a day early, just in case (it came out positive, hence the presence of a monster in our home.) I seriously prayed every single night (and many times throughout the day, everyday,) trying to reason with God for announcing it before the 12 weeks mark- how could I not announce something so exciting? He couldn't possibly punish me for being happy, right?- and beg him to let me keep the baby. Sad, but true.
Thankfully, I didn't jinx myself that time, and I have the monster to prove it.

However, I still can't get over my superstitions. I cringe when black cats cross my path, I will walk well out of my way to avoid walking under ladders, and I think I will have a heart attack if I ever break a mirror. And I won't share the exciting parts of my life.

Example 2:
Right now something very exciting is going on, but it's not complete and therefore, I'm not 100% sure it will happen. Though I am sooooo excited about the prospects, everything seems to be going so well right now. Too well in fact. I keep telling myself to break the cycle and just let the world know what's going on- fill them in on all the little details- but I can't. And I won't.
So just know that something exciting is happening and in two and in two weeks I will be able to post all about it on multiple sites. Maybe one day I'll get over this superstitious nature of mine, but not today.
And incase you're wondering, we're not expecting another baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment