Thursday, November 10, 2011

hello, beautiful

I got a new toy the other night, and I loves it (so far).



It's a Brother CS-770 computerized sewing machine. And it's super fancy shmancy. In fact, it's fancier than I need, but the price was great and it works (something my rinky-dinky Shark stopped doing, hence the new one.) I've been working on my costume for Decemberween (a themed Halloween party in December). This year's theme is Tim Burton and I'm dressing up as the Oogie-Boogie man from The Nightmare Before Christmas. (The hubs is going as Danny Devito's character Amos Calloway from Big Fish.) Between Decemberween and all the Christmas gifts/decorations I will be making, this little machine definitely has its work cut out for it. And me. Hopefully we make it through the next two months in one piece. Now all I need is to finally set up my desk in the office/craft room/guest room so we can use our entire kitchen table.

Also, if you look in the background, you can get a peek at the painting I'm wrapping up today.
And ten points to whoever can guess which movie we were watching. Hint: "oh my giant blue head!"
The duck is actually my measuring tape. The monster likes to make it "swim" around the mat.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I am so excited! I can't WAIT! It looks so awesome!

    I love sewing machines :) Have fun with the new one!

    ReplyDelete