Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wreathed!

I decided that as a birthday gift to myself, I would make a fall wreath. Exciting, right?! I wasn't really planning on blogging about it, so there aren't step-by-step pictures, but it was really easy to do, so with a little creativity, anyone can come up with their own. 

I've been gathering things for a wreath of some sort for weeks now, and now that Halloween is over, I figured that it was time to switch out the wreaths (you know, because I'm one of those people who have the creepy crawlies from AHE still hanging about when Christmas arrives- motivation is a very powerful thing.) 

Here's what I used:
A grapevine wreath 
A fall garland (mine had leaves, mini pumpkins, and some weird flower thing)
A large silk flower
Yarn
A wood letter
White acrylic paint
sandpaper
hot glue gun

The result:



All I did was clip off some leaves, pumpkins, and flowers from the garland and cut the stem off the silk flower. Then I layered them onto the wreath and glued like crazy. I painted the letter white and used some sandpaper to roughen it up. Then I glued that into the center and bam! wreath complete! I used the yarn to wrap around my Halloween wreath hanger. I think it took a total of 45 minutes to do- half of which was spent wrapping the hanger and looking for more hot glue stickies. 
The flower kind of gets lost in the leaves in these pictures, but not so much in real life. I like the uniformity of it. 
Here are some additional views, because for some reason I felt they were necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment