Tuesday, November 29, 2011

TNSE: Week 1

I have been using the homemade/natural shampoo for a week now. I don't love it yet, but it's not as bad as I feared.
After the first wash- hello, dandruff. It wasn't horrible, but it was definitely noticeable (thanks, hunny.) So before the second shampoo, I took a comb and massaged my scalp with it until I felt I got most of the flakes up. It was yucky.

Second wash- I started to notice that my hair was feeling a little dry, not bad, but not as soft as I prefer. The lavender smell is awesome. The scent stays in my hair for days. Still had dandruff issues, so I did the comb thing again.

Third wash- used a lot more of the vinegar-water mixture to see if it will soften things up a bit. It didn't, but it hasn't gotten any worse. The dandruff was much better. I ended up putting some bio-silk in my hair since I was going to curl it, but I'm hoping to not have to do that forever. My hair holds curls better.

Fourth wash- I need to refill the bottle, so I decided to add a little more oil than the recipe calls for, but I didn't actually measure it. Big mistake. My hair is now oily, but since the oil is good for my hair, I'm going to leave it in for a couple of days. (The shampoo can be fixed by adding more soap and water.) I also didn't do the comb thing before washing today, and the dandruff is back. I think that I am going to have to do the baking soda scrub to take care of this problem. But I'm going to go another week before I resort to that.

Thoughts so far: I like it. The dandruff is annoying, but it could be a lot worse. Once I get the recipe exactly how I need it, I will be much happier. My hair isn't as shiny as I would like it, but a little bit of beer in the shower will fix that.
I'm hoping to post some pictures for you in the next couple of days... once I have washed the oil out.

No comments:

Post a Comment