Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful Thinking

I know that most "I'm thankful for..." post end up being all the same, but I feel that I must share what I am truly thankful for. Like everyone else (well maybe not "everyone" but you get the picture,) I'm thankful for my husband, family, friends, life, food, etc. but one thing in particular really stands out: my Monster.

I am so thankful that I had an OB who wasn't opposed to an overweight gal getting pregnant (like the NP I went to for a very brief period of time,) and that she helped me stay strong as we struggled to diagnose my issue and did all she could to help us get pregnant. I am thankful that once she ran out of resources, she sent us to RSONM. I am thankful that our RE didn't jump to the more extreme (and expensive) procedures, like so many RE like to do, when the first go failed. I am so thankful that the second round took and they caught my low HGC levels early enough to do something to get them up. I am thankful that the pregnancy stuck, the Monster grew right on schedule, and my second OB rocked. I am thankful that the Monster arrived at 38 weeks even though I was at risk for PTL, and he was born complete healthy. I am thankful for an awesome pediatrician, that the Monster got past the SIDS period unscathed and is developing on track.

The past year has been filled with anxiety, disappointment, and heartbreak, but it also had such joy that words will never begin to describe. I know I complain a lot about a lot of different things, but I would not change a thing about my life. Being a mother is the greatest thing in the world and I will never be able to thank those who made this possible enough.

If you don't understand the acronyms, google them.

No comments:

Post a Comment