Sunday, November 21, 2010

Work

A couple of weeks ago, one of my former bosses offered me a job (via the facebook, which is kind of funny.) Its just for the holidays and only on days they really need me (and I think I'm on call for most of those). I'm kind of excited to go back, but yet I'm really nervous. There is a part of me that likes retail. There is a bigger part that hates it- I'm no good at signing people up for rewards cards, and even worse at getting them to sign up for credit cards. Also, the last time I worked there I had more self-confidence than I knew what to do with. This time, not so much. I hate the size I've grown to and though I will not be the largest person working there, I won't be one of the thinnest either (like I was the last time.) I also have a haircut from hell (formerly called "not the greatest haircut" but it has now grown to that weird stage, where it's not quite long enough to go back and looks horrible down). Thankfully I don't have to dress-up today, so I'm hoping someone will walk me through what's in style now because I really have no idea. I'm guessing it won't include my awesome Vibram fivefingers, which I'm going to wear today. At least I know that I will have both the coolest shoes and the coolest watch. Ha.

Oh... and I discovered last night that one of the paintings I used for my research paper is considered Renaissance (which is bad since it's for a medieval class) but I don't remember seeing a whole lot of paintings that included panthers, so unless the professor lets me keep it, I will most likely have to find another animal (which will take a lot of time) and the stupid thing is due tomorrow. Bah.

**UPDATE: The professor said I could keep it since it still falls within the time frame of our class. I think I love her... ok not really, but I'm super relieved.**

No comments:

Post a Comment