Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WWI, You're Depressing Me, Please Stop.

This semester I signed up for a class on WWI- not because I'm really interested in the war, but because there was very little to choose from this year and WWI seems less depressing than the Holocaust class Sarah is taking. Though I still think I made the right choice, I had no idea how depressing WWI really was. And now I have to read Unknown Soldiers which is about three soldiers-- a Brit, German, and American-- who died in the war, but whose bodies were never recovered, how the felt about the possibility of their deaths, how their family found out they were MIA and presumed dead, and how their family and nation mourned them.
I'm definitely going to have to start taking my anti-depressants again.

No comments:

Post a Comment