Monday, August 23, 2010

Creepy Orange Sky of Doom

To quote the facebook status of a friend of mine, "It looks like the apocalypse is occuring outside right now" and she would be absolutely correct. It is rainy and windy. Thunder is rumbling so loudly that the house is shaking and lightning strikes every minute or so. But that's not the creepiest part. The sky is a golden yellow color.
Never in my nearly 25 years of living in the Land of Enchantment have I seen such a sky. It scares me a little and fascinates me even more. Of course BOTH of the camera batteries would be dead and my phone does little justice to the awe-inspiring sight.

In light of such events, I have decided to get over my pity-party. There are so many good and happy things in my life and my blog thus far has not shown that and it's a real shame. So here are somethings that I should share:

  • I have a husband who loves me. He is not perfect (and lord knows I'm not either) and yes, he can drive me insane sometimes, but he's mine and I can't even imagine my life without him.
  • I have a family who loves and supports me. Though they are all slightly crazy, they are a great bunch of people and I wouldn't be who I am without them.
  • I have the most beautiful little boy. He's charming, silly, endlessly entertaining and as Taylor Swift says in her latest single, "the best thing that's ever been mine." And he slept from 9pm to 6am last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment