Sunday, August 1, 2010

Indecision


Before I begin to write about why this post is titled like it is, I want to talk about my weekend.

My little sister got married yesterday. It was a beautiful ce
remony and a fun-filled celebration. Not only was she absolutely beautiful, she handled a self-absorded and absolutely ridiculous bridesmaid and a stressful mother/photographer with a grace I do not posses. And now, all the McDuffie girls are married. One rather good thing about the wedding, though not the best thing, was that I felt very pretty and it has been (what feels like) a very long time since I've felt that.

I bawled like a baby. I didn't even cry when I got married... or when my son was born.


Isn't she pretty?

So onto me:

One of the biggest problems that I have encountered postpartum is that I've lost myself a little bit. I have a hard enough time being a wife and a mother, forget about being just me. I have decided that I need to start doing something just for me every day. I really want to start an etsy shop to sell my paintings. But I haven't found the time to paint. Hopefully I will find the time... and the motivation. I'm also thinking about picking up Scandinavian Needlecraft. Can you guess why? I just need to start taking advantage of Logan's nap time and actually decide what I want to do. Perhaps one day I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment