Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Feeling Itchy

Silly me brought home an issue of Do It Yourself magazine and now I have a crazy itch to start decorating my house. It's not all bad since we've been living at this house for 16 months now and, apart from the Monster's amazing nursery, the walls are super bare. The problems with this itch are as follows:


1. Nick and I have very different tastes when it comes to decor. He was kind enough to give me free reign when it came to the nursery, but he's vetoing my ideas for other parts of the house left and right. I am willing to compromise, but I feel like we're living in an almost bachelor pad, and I need that to change. Desperately.

2. Money. I really want us to start setting a budget and sticking to it. Nick and I are both impulsive spenders- he spends a good chunk of money on a few big and often unnecessary things that will not be used very much and I eat away at the money with constant small purchases that don't serve the family as a whole (i.e. coffee). In order to do all of the things that I want to be able to do to the house, we need to be in a place where we're sticking to budget and actually utilizing our savings account, as well as being able to afford little decor items.

3. Time. There never seems to be enough. I'm worried that I'll start this project and end up abandoning it for whatever reason. I'm usually good at following through on something I'm really passionate about, but it's really hard when I'm taking care of the Monster, mostly on my own, all day long and I feel extremely guilty if I use nap-time for myself rather than, say, get some laundry done. Hence the reason why my goal of starting my own etsy shop will never happen. And, of course, with school starting in just a couple of weeks, any second of free-time I have will be gone.

Now I've depressed myself.

I do hope I can do something around here. I want to rearrange the furniture in our bedroom, so maybe I'll cheer up if we ever do it (if I could do it myself, I would.... maybe I should try?)

On that cheery note, I'm off to wash bottles and pray I get some sleep in before the Monster wakes up.

*edit- Nick came out to wash bottles for me. I kind of like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment