Monday, August 16, 2010

Vaccination Day

Boo.

Monster gets his 4 month boosters today. I hate that he has to get shots, especially shots that are mixed with so many different vaccines. When I really think about it, I wish I would have insisted that we delay, but then I hear about the pertussis epidemic in CA and I am very glad that I am vaccinating on a schedule. I am now planning on getting the Tdap vaccine combo to ensure that the little Monster doesn't get whooping cough from me... and I will probably force the hubs to do the same.

To add to the sadness, I think the Monster may be going through the 4 month old sleep regression. Normally, he goes to bed around 9, wakes sometime between 3 and 4, is back to sleep in 30 minutes, wakes around 5:30, comes in bed with me and will sleep no later than 8:30 (not always, but most of the time) and is then up for the day. Apparently that means he is sleeping through the night, who knew? I am not happy to only get a few hours of straight sleep every night, but it's doable and I am usually able to function the following day. However last night the Monster woke up six times. I'm trying to run off of three terrible hours of sleep. I really hope that this was just a weird night and not the actual regression because if it was, this can continue for weeks (or even months) and with school starting next week, I kind of need my sleep. There are few things that make me feel like a total failure, but bawling my eyes out while I rock the baby and beg him to go to sleep is certainly one of them.

So, today should be fun. I'm hoping that the Monster ends up being more sleepy than fussy today since I'm planning on visiting a friend and her newborn this afternoon, and I would prefer to keep the Monster with me and not dump him on Grandma. What horrible timing. Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment