Thursday, September 30, 2010

10 Reasons Why HGTV is Evil. The new thing I'm doing

I have decided that I'm going to make a random list of 10 (+/-) things once a week. Why? Because I can. Actually I keep thinking of how much I like/dislike something and I think, "hey, I should list that on the bloggy," so I decided to give it a shot. I probably won't stick with it, but that's ok.
So...

10 Reasons Why HGTV is Evil
  1. It's addicting. All I want to do is pass the time and try to get inexpensive ideas for the townhouse we're going to be putting on the market soon, and I end up watching for hours.
  2. They make tasks appear much easier than they are, and the results can be disastrous. (Example: Ochibi's tile project in one of the upstairs bathrooms in the townhouse. Not exactly a disaster, but the un-doing of the tile may very well be). It'a like one of those peer-pressuring bullies who get someone (i.e. me and the chibs) to do stupid stuff.
  3. I start to get ideas- big and small, but then I remember we don't have money and it makes me sad. It's almost like it's teasing me for having a set budget.
  4. Again, I get ideas, but these ones are small and possible to do with little or no money, but Nick and I don't agree when it comes to decorating. So HGTV is secretly trying to destroy my marriage one painted headboard at a time.
  5. Shows like House Hunters make me want to buy a house. But I can't. And I'm certain HGTV knows this and is laughing at me.
  6. It makes me like my current house even more. The more I watch HGTV, the more I want to change the house I live in, but that's not possible. Again, there is laughing.
  7. I spent months on the Rate My Space website looking at nurseries in order to get ideas for the Monster's. I took the things I liked from top rated nurseries and combined them to create a space so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes (and if it doesn't, I will poke you in the eye), but what score did I get when I posted the pictures on RMS? A 2.8 (out of 5). A F*cking 2.8! That room deserves at least a 4! HGTV must have told people to rate it lower just to spite me.
  8. Almost every show has someone on it that I want to punch in the face- it could be the show's star, one of the homeowners (or potential homeowners), or some random crew-member. It's like they're trying to make me angry!
  9. Spinning off of number8, the most annoying person on HGTV puts me into this "hate-cycle." He drives me crazy! And he is a good painter, which makes me dislike him even more because it is unfair that a person so obnoxious is so talented. He is so talented that I want him to paint something for my house. Which makes me hate myself. It all boils down to me hating Nick for getting us cable/satellite. Again, HGTV is trying to destroy my marriage.
  10. HGTV constantly reminds me that I am renting and will be renting for a while. I'm generally OK with that, but I do wish we owned our own home so I can do all of the cool decorating things I've seen on HGTV (amongst other reasons). The worse part is: it likes to show beautiful things that I will never be able to do unless we win the lottery.

So thanks, HGTV. Thanks for being an assbutt*! Now off to see if Designed to Sell is on because it's totally my favorite show right now.



* "Assbutt" is courtesy of the show Supernatural. Cas is awesome and a half.


*** UPDATE *** I turned on the TV and the super annoying guy was on! Curse you HGTV. Curse you!

1 comment:

  1. ..... You had to bring up the tiles...... Stupid stupid "I am a proud, strong and independent woman" project......

    ReplyDelete