Sunday, September 19, 2010

2 Years


It seems like it was just last week that I was laying in my parents' guest room, too excited for my wedding the next day to get any sleep (and of course agonizing over the fact that not enough sleep would mean bags and dark circles under my eyes). How times flies. Throughout Hopie's wedding planning days, and even a little now, I see what other people are doing with their weddings and I start to wish I had done everything different- i.e. lose weight, get a different dress, tell my mom to shove it when she said I couldn't wear the shoes I wanted instead of cave and end up wearing shoes I hated. The list goes on. I do, however, still love my flowers, the centerpieces, our cake, my 5 million pound hairstyle, and above all the man I married. And that's really what it all comes down to. Even though there are hundreds of things, big and small, I would change about that day, I am indescribably happy about it's outcome: the piece of paper in it's beautiful frame (complete with cricket guts... they just won't come off!) that says that Nicko is mine and I am his and knowing that it will stay that way until we die. I am so lucky to have someone who loves me for me and has been a constant support and, of course, gave me this:
I really don't know what I would do without him and I look forward to the years to come.


How did we celebrate?
We had a wonderful meal at Artichoke Cafe- I ate antelope (which was amazing!) and he had scallops- went to Betty's Bath for a couples retreat- which included a hot oil scalp, hair and neck treatment, massage and a salt glow- and followed with a semi-peaceful (there was a wedding reception going on) night at the Hyatt. It was really nice since I was able to drink wine with my dinner this year, even if we couldn't enjoy the traditional fondue.

Nicko, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment