Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Change

Pre-bloggy pep-talk: change is good.

Ok good so long as it is not the poopy changes going on in Monster's diaper. Eating oatmeal is good. Opening diaper to find poopy so stinky it makes me slightly sick... not so good.

Feel free to shout "TMI" at the computer, just be happy I didn't supply pictures.


Ok, so for the real changes:

***

Habits

No, I'm not a druggie, but I am an addict. A soda addict.
The last time I gave up sodas, I turned to coffee as a replacement. The problem is that I wasn't drinking plain 'ol joe- it was white mochas, flavored lattes and chai lattes. So rather than losing weight like I hoped, I ended up gaining. (Working in a cafe when I did this, of course made things worse.) I then turned to drinking non-fat lattes only and lo and behold, I started to lose weight.
This time around I once again turned to chai... only this time I didn't stop drinking sodas. Oops.

*
Arms
I know everyone has seen what my arms look like and I'm sure that many wonder what happened. I have keratosis pilaris, but I pick at it. Years of picking at those horrible little bumps has my arm looking like some sort of battlefield.

The 21 Day Plan to Kick my Habits

First off, non-habit: I will start the C25K program and I will do yoga on the off days every day for the next 21 days. If exercising hasn't become some sort of habit by then, it most likely never will.
*
I'm going back to non-fat lattes. I know that with time, I will crave the sugar from soda less.
*
No more picking. This is going to be very hard and I know that the first three days are going to be hell, but studies say that it takes three weeks to break a habit and I really need this one to go away. Not only will I leave the bumps of ugliness alone, I am going to slather on aquaphor every night and moisturize throughout the day- since that is what helps keep them at bay (there is no cure). Once the damage I have inflicted has healed, I may speak to a dermatologist about more invasive treatment.
*
Perhaps I am taking on too much, but I figure these next few weeks are going to suck anyway.

So that's all for this part... part two will be posted as soon as I finish it. (I started it first).



2 comments:

  1. When are you starting C25K? If you need a partner, I'm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will be starting on Monday. I was going to start today, but I don't think starting in the middle of a week is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete