Monday, September 27, 2010

Mommy Fails

Yeah that's right, I fail.


Monster has diaper rash. It's what I get for bragging about how cloth diapered babies don't get diaper rash. In my defense, he had some pretty bad diarrhea (tmi you say?) and it took all of three minutes (from when I heard it leave his bottom, the walk from the living room to the nursery, and the opening of scary diaper) to go from nice baby bottom to red bottom of doom. And by doom, I mean awful pain for the innocent monster when mommy wiped his sensitive bottom with the same amount of force I always use (fail #2) and the heartbreaking scream that came from said wiping. I then put the wonderful diaper rash ointment on it and changed his diapers more often than necessary. The redness disappeared after a couple of hours, but there are still some sores.

Then I forgot to put the rash ointment in his diaper bag, so the G-Ma wasn't able to put it on him while she babysat today (fail #3.) She texted me- since I was in class- saying that she was going to use Vaseline on it, which I said was more than ok. Vaseline is not good for cloth diapers. Of course his bottom is more important than the diapers, but it makes me a little sad since I do love his diapers (not more than him). So I'm counting that as fail #4.

Fail #5- For the third time, I forgot that we have a finite number of cloth diapers, and that number is a little smaller now since I'm trying to avoid using the Fuzzibunz until Monster gets a little bigger (they're leaking because his tush is too small for the second size, but too big for the first). Monster had to wear the awful 'spozies because we ran out of both kinds of diapers.

Fail#6- I was so caught up on the Packers-Bears football game (Nicko is a Green Bay fan and I'm a fan of Clay Matthews... he's yummy) and reading two blogs I have recently discovered that I forgot I was washing diapers, so instead of going to bed at 10 with my husband, I'm up.

Fail#7- the final cycle ended while I was writing this and I didn't notice.... I could be in bed already. Lame.

Fail #8- I still haven't scheduled the Monster's six-month appointment, and I just overlooked the check-list of things they want him to be able to do about now and I have realized that he's a little behind... mainly because I don't enforce tummy-time. He worked pretty hard this afternoon and evening and I think that if I keep with it he will be where he needs to be. I hope. I know that every child is different and grows and develops at his/her own pace, but I- as I'm sure very parent does- want my child to be a super-kid who hits milestones on time, if not ahead of schedule. Of course there is also the sleepy voice in the back of my head that says "babies don't sleep well when they hit major milestones," but I'm going to continue to ignore it because that's why the gods made coffee.

Fail #9- I always misspell force.... I like to pretend that there is a "u" in it. Bad me!

Fail #10- I can't remember what other fail I was going to post because I'm so tired. When does this "mommy" think get easier? Shouldn't I have this amazing super-human mommy-sense that alerts me when my child is about to fill his diaper with a gooey mess that is going to burn his bottom so that I can just hold him over the toilet and prevent this? Or makes me remember that there is important stuff (still) in the washer that must be moved to the dryer and clothes line? Clearly there is not enough caffeine in my life. I like to be in bed around nine-thirty. That was two hours ago and I am now a zombie. Brrrainnnnssss!!!!


Oh... I remember now. I was going to pull the clothes line and put the clothes pins on it to save me time once the cycle finished. Damn it to hell! Maybe it will still be today when I go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. But he is still sooooo cute! So you get an unfail because you made the little monster.

    ReplyDelete